Sunday, February 05, 2012

Blog #3: The Ultimates

Ultimate Comics 'The Ultimates' by Marvel comics. Confused by the title? Me too. Despite the title this is a great series written by Jonathan Hickman. Hickman is probably my favourite comic book writer right now. This comic book takes place in the 'Ultimate' universe within Marvel comics and this group of individuals is basically that Universe's version of 'The Avengers', although there had been an Ultimate Avengers previously. 'Ultimate Spider man' has been getting a lot of attention lately but in my humble opinion this 'Ultimates' series is the best in the ultimate line of comics. I've recently dropped reading the 'Avengers' in the regular Marvel universe because I didn't like what is being done and I feel The Avengers are being over exploited in the MU, but 'Ultimates' is the best alternative. Hickman has a great solid grasp of the characters, and because this takes place outside of the 'proper' Marvel universe Hickman is free to let his creative flag fly as high as he wants. I don't want to spoil too much but I've just finished the first 5 issues and they were fantastic. This book is as good as Hickman's work on FF and Fantastic Four. Check this book out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment