Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blog #7: AMC's 'Comic Book Men'

Just watched the new AMC series 'Comic Book Men' which is a reality series shot in New Jersey at Kevin Smith's 'Secret Stash' comic store. I really love this show!! I am not a fan of reality shows but this one is fantastic. I love going to comic book stores and this series is all about a comic store and those people who work and hang out there. I am definitely going to be following this series. I recently watched episode 2 and I really am digging this show. I am a huge Kevin Smith fan to begin with but aside from him I'm liking everyone else on this reality series. I know it's a staged reality show, but at this point which reality show isn't staged anymore? It is a real comic book store and these are the real guys who run it, granted some of the 'guest stars' are no doubt being payed to show up but still it is a interesting show to watch. You can tell it's produced by AMC because that store seems littered with 'The Walking Dead' comics and toys. This is a fun series and a perfect companion to 'The Walking Dead' TV show.
 
Also there is a podcast you can listen to which ties in with this series. The podcast I'm referring to is yet another podcast from Kevin Smith's 'Smodcast' network and it is called 'I Sell Comics'. It is a podcast recorded in New Jersey at Kevin Smith's 'Secret Stash' comic book store. It's a great concept to have a podcast about comics recorded at an actual comic book store during business hours. A very fun listen and the hosts are Mike and Ming from 'Comic Book Men'. The guest stars of this show so far have been customers who join in on the conversation, and people who work on the TV series. I'm hoping that Kevin Smith will stop in on the podcast as he has not yet This show is very much a companion piece to the AMC reality series being filmed there.
 
Anywho again this is a great show! Check it out Sunday Nights on AMC after 'The Walking Dead'.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment