Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blog #10: New 'DC 52' Titles

There are a few new 'DC 52' titles debuting in May replacing some low selling titles. The ones that interest me, and that I intend to get are:
 
- Batman Incorporated: I liked Grant Morrison's first Batman Inc. series and I am looking forward to see what he has in store for this new Batman Inc. This will be the 5th 'Batman' title in the new 52, and I am cool with that. The new '52' has really renewed my love for Batman and anything that Grant Morrison writes is gold to me.
 
 
 
- Worlds Finest: From what I understand this is about Power girl and Huntress being trapped on our Earth, but they are from Earth2 and wanting to get back home. Not sure how i feel about this series but when I heard Power Girl would be in it I have to check out this series. I loved 'Power Girl' when Amanda Conner was drawing her, now that was a great run.  
 
 
- Earth Two: I like the idea of an alternate Earth where we will no doubt find the Justice Society. Honestly I was not much of a DC growing up so I wasn't reading these 'alternate Earths' pre-crisis, so I am very excited to read this series as a new reader.  
 
This 'soft re-boot' DC's New 52 has been in my mind a success. To be honest with you I have always been a Marvel Comics guy but now with all these new great titles out there I'm reading more DC now than Marvel. If anything the New 52 has soured me to Marvel Comics because they are doing such great things with the New 52. Granted not all of the New 52 are great and I feel they could have cancelled a few more series, but we'll just have to wait and see what DC has in store. I for one want a 'Captain Marvel' (Shazam) comic in the new DCU, and done right with the right creative team. Being a huge fan of Peter David I nominate him for the job of writing 'Captain Marvel'.
 
Anywho that's all for now folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment