Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blog #12: Comic Pull List Review

- New Avengers: Honestly I have given up on this series. Brian Micheal Bendis is apparently leaving the Avengers titles this summer or fall, maybe I'll check back in depending on who the new writer is. But as of right now this series is not doing anything for me.
- Ultimate Comics Ultimates: I love this book. Jonathan Hickman is doing great things with this title, and in my opinion this is what the 'Avengers' should be in the proper Marvel Universe. But sadly I have heard Hickman will be leaving this book, maybe he'll be taking over the 'Avengers'...
- FF: Again this is a great Jonathan Hickman book which is a perfect sister title to the 'Fantastic Four'. This is a must read title  for me, but again a little birdy told me Hickman is leaving this title too... I may not stick with FF depending on who the new writer is.  
- Daredevil: This is a great book with Mark Waid writing the new adventures of Matt Murdock. In the past 10 years or so Daredevil has become a very dark book, but Waid has brought Daredevil back into the light and made this book a fun and enjoyable read. This title no longer is dark and dreary, but is now a fun action adventure comic. The way Daredevil used to be. Waid is the go-to guy for retooling existing characters.
- Superbia: Haven't got this issue yet but I am looking forward to seeing 'the real housewives of super heroes'.
See you next time. Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment