Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Blog #9: Comic Pull List Review

Continuing my reviews of the comics on my pull list.
 
Defenders: I'm really liking this series so far from what I have read. Doctor Strange and Iron Fist are two of my favourite Marvel characters and it is great to see them together in a team book like this. I never read much 'Defenders' prior to this but so far i am enjoying the ride on this series.
 
Captain America: I really liked the Mark Waid series in the late 90's but this one is almost as good. Captain America is a great character when done right and he is being done right with this series. If only someone would reboot Captain Canuck...
 
Fantastic Four: Jonathan Hickman is a genius. These past 3 years of his run on the FF has probably been my personal favourite for this title. The Fantastic four have never been better. He did kill off Johnny Storm and bring him back, but he did it in such a cool way he is forgiven for giving into that comic book cliche. This is on my top 5 favourite current reads, along with their sister title 'FF'. having Spider-man on the team was an excellent choice, but I wish FF was his exclusive team to be on. Hickman has made these characters fun, interesting and relevant for the first time in many years. I'm hoping he stays with this series for many years to come.
 
Justice League: The flagship launch book for DC's 'New 52' has been an excellent ride thus far. Geoff Johns is an amazing writer and Jim Lee is still one of the greatest comic book artists working today, although some of his designs are very much 90's based. The story thus far has been slow building, but I'm cool with that. This is one of favourite DC titles and one of my must read titles every month.
 
Supergirl: I am behind on my reading of this title and I have only read the first 2 issues but from what I've read I am very impressed and I am looking forward to future issues.
 
Batman: This is my favourite DC title!!! I just read issue #5 and it was amazing!!! Snyder and Capullo are doing an amazing job with this series and this is easily the best of the 'New 52' by far. This new Batman villain group 'The Court Of Owls' and their hit man 'The Talon' are the best new villains I have seen in a long time. Definitely a worthy foe to the greatest Detective. If you have never checked out this series I highly suggest you seek out issue 5, it was truly an amazing issue.
 
Catwoman: Like Supergirl I have only read the first 2 issues and from what I have read I am liking this series. That Catwoman is all kinds of sexy!!
 
See you next time!! Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel!!


No comments:

Post a Comment