Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blog #15: Green Lantern Mini Reviews

I'm a little behind the times I'll admit because I bought this flick last summer and just watched it about a month ago, now I'm getting around to writing about it. I really liked this flick. I have not seen 'Green Lantern First Flight' yet so this is my first time seeing a DC animation Green Lantern flick. I'll admit to not being the biggest fan of Green Lantern but I really did enjoy this film. A series of short movies in one movie may have pissed off some die hard Lantern fans but being someone relatively new to the GL Universe I really enjoyed them. I definitely liked this better than the live action film from last summer.
 
 
 
I am in camp Nathan Fillion when it comes to GL, he should have played Hal in the feature film rather than Ryan Reynolds. Reynolds would have made a perfect Kyle Raynor, not Hal. As said I'm not the biggest Green Lantern fan in any way but the Hal Jordan I remember from the comics was older. He even had the 'Paulie Walnuts' grey 'wings' in his hair, thus Nathan Fillion I think would be the perfect age and look to play Hal. Also Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck from the new BSG) should have played Carol in the movie.
 
Again In regards to the feature film live action movie: I bought the Blue-Ray extended edition and on that disc in the credits there is a brief scene where Sinestro actually puts on the yellow ring which suggests that the sequel will be about him turning bad. Way too freakin soon!!! From what I have heard apparently there is a sequel being planned. Although it wasn't a commercial success they are banking on the sequel to be better received like 'The Dark Knight' was as compared to 'Batman Begins'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment